It’s that time of year again when we all like to play tricks on our friends and family. But did you know that April Fool’s Day is the perfect time to have some fun with your promotional products and increase sales?
April Fools’ Day is just around the corner, and we’re all looking for a little light-hearted fun. The internet is a great place to play jokes, and some of the best April Fools’ Day pranks involve a company’s branding or marketing. But what if you had more control over your company’s marketing? What if you could play a joke on your customers without causing a major ruckus?
That’s right, by getting creative with your products, you can turn this silly holiday into a selling bonanza!
As you can see, brands all throughout our country work tirelessly to produce various strategies for interacting with their target audience. And what could be better than humor to tie together your content strategy and your products on this fun-loving holiday?
Here are a few April Fool’s Day marketing ideas to boost your promotional product sales:
- Get creative with your packaging. If you usually send out your products in boring brown boxes, try spicing things up for April Fools’ Day. Wrap your products in bright paper, use fun stickers, or even include a prank message on the packing slip.
- Create a special April Fool’s Day promotion. Offer a discount, free shipping, or a bonus gift with purchase.
- Send out an April Fool’s Day themed email-blast to your customers and subscribers. Include a coupon code or link to your special promotion.
- Get social! Use April Fool’s Day as an opportunity to create some fun social media content. For example, you could post a photo of one of your employees wearing a funny costume and holding up one of your products with the caption “Our new sales team!”
- Offer a “free gift” with purchase. Everyone loves getting something for free, so use this to your advantage! Promote a special offer on your website and social media channels—something like “spend $X and get a free Y.” Then, when customers come to redeem the offer, give them a wacky promotional product instead of the usual freebie. They’ll get a good laugh, and you’ll make a sale-it’s a win-win!
- Come up with creative ideas for how to use promo items. For example, if you sell pens, why not promote them as “the perfect way to sign a petition”?
- You can also use humor to create memorable slogans or taglines for your company. Something like “We’re not happy until you’re not happy” is sure to get a chuckle (and even a few sales).
If you’re a promotional product supplier or a promotional product distributor, these April Fool’s Day marketing ideas might be quite useful in boosting your product sales.
If laughter and humor aren’t part of your content planning, now is the time to include them. Usher in the age where you use it throughout the year in all your content strategies.
We put together a list of funny products from a few promotional product companies in our industry. (Reference company: proimprint)
- Big Mouth Stress Relievers
- Smile Poppers
- Water Guns
Here at Spectrum Infinite, we help our promo partners with their sales and marketing efforts. Our services range from pre-production art services to everything you need in the capacity of creative graphics, and content creation. But we don’t stop there. We also offer website development, website maintenance, social media advertising, and SEO. We’ve got you covered. And because we understand that every client and project is different, we offer customized solutions based on your specific needs.